Legal notice: the legal application of the terms and conditions set out below are in the French language and apply under French law.
The website https://cognac-couprie.com (hereafter ‘the website’) is owned and published by the House Cognac Couprie, a limited liability company with a social capital of 10 671 euros, whose head office is located at 1 La Roumade Ambleville, 16300 LIGNIERES-AMBLEVILLE, France. It is registered with the RCS (Trade and Companies Register) at Angoulême under number 315 411 991 and represented by Mr Laurent couprie in his capacity as manager of the company.
The website is hosted by Actunet – single owner limited liability compagny (EURL) located at ANGOULEME, 16000, 102 rue de Bordeaux.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
The website is published by Cognac Couprie SARL (hereafter ‘Cognac Couprie’), a company incorporated under French law with a capital of 10 671 euros, whose head office is located at 1 La Roumade Ambleville, 16300 LIGNIERES-AMBLEVILLE, France, and is registered with the RCS (Trade and Companies Register) at Angoulême under number 315 411 991.
The use of this website by any person (‘the user’) is governed by these terms and conditions (the ‘website terms and conditions of use’) whose purpose is to define the conditions for accessing and using the website.
To access the website, the user must be of the legal age for consuming and/or purchasing alcohol in his/her/their country of residence (the older age being applicable). If there is no such legal age in the user’s country of residence, he/she/they must be at least 21 years of age to access the website.
If the user wishes to access the website in a different country from that of his/her/their country of residence, the laws regarding the legal age for the consumption of alcohol in that country apply.
NAVIGATION ON THE WEBSITE
1.1 ACCESSING THE WEBSITE
The hardware and software necessary for accessing the website are the responsibility of the user.
Cognac Couprie reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate access to all or part of the website or its content, without liability to any form of compensation for the user whatsoever.
1.2 USER BEHAVIOUR
The website user confirms that he/she/they:
- is/are of the legal age required to consume and/or purchase alcohol according to the legislation in his/her/their country of residence (or is over the age of 21);
- use(s) the website for lawful and personal purposes only;
- provide(s) accurate information about him/her/themself where/if applicable.
- use(s) the website in a responsible, respectful manner with regard to other website users, Cognac Couprie, its subsidiaries, affiliate companies and any third parties.
It is strictly prohibited for the user to:
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the website.
- make any form of statement or act in the name of or on behalf of Cognac Couprie, its subsidiaries or affiliate companies for any reason whatsoever.
- upload to the website, post, send by email or any other means any element containing software viruses, or computer programmes designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functioning of any software or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt or interrupt the functioning of the website in any way;
- undermine the functioning of the website, such as by deliberately or otherwise exposing the website to a virus or causing an overload of the bandwith;
- consult information that is not intended for him/her/them;
- carry out an illegal activity, or any other activity that would prejudice the rights of the Cognac Couprie, its suppliers, service providers, retailers, advertisers or any other persons;
- upload to the website, post, send by email or any other means content that is illegal, racist, violent, sexist, homophobic, pornographic, harmful, defamatory, offensive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, immoral, in violation of a person’s privacy, derogatory or shocking from a racial or ethnic perspective.
- Send by email or any other means any content of the website to people who are not of the legal age to consume alcohol in their country of residence.
Where applicable, Cognac Couprie reserves the right to terminate access to the website at any time if the user does not comply with the terms and conditions of use and/or any other related document without prejudice to Cognac Couprie’s right to claim damages against the user.
1.3 CONTENT PUBLISHED BY USERS
The user bears sole responsibility for the content he/she/they post(s) on the website and any subsequent consequences of such publication or dissemination. Cognac Couprie declines all liability for content posted on the website by users within the limits of the applicable legislation.
Cognac Couprie reserves the right to decide if content posted by users on the website meets the requirements specified in the terms and conditions of use and to remove any content that does not comply with the terms and conditions of use.
The user accepts that Cognac Couprie reserves the right to use, with no restriction, time limitation or charge, any content posted on the website by the user for: publication on the website and/or publication or reproduction via any other channel, for the purposes of promoting and advertising Cognac Couprie, its products and/or its services as it sees fit.
2.PROTECTION OF WEBSITE CONTENT
The website and each of its constituent elements (notably texts, photographs, illustrations, images, diagrams, logos, trademarks, design, layout, graphics and models) and including the software necessary for the operation of the website (the ‘content’) may contain confidential information and data protected by intellectual property law or any other applicable law. The intellectual property rights over the content are the exclusive property of Cognac Couprie and do not grant the user any licence, right to reproduce or any other right other than that of consulting the website within the specified terms and conditions.
Cognac Couprie makes every effort to ensure the accuracy and updating of the information it publishes on the website. However, Cognac Couprie does not provide any guarantee as to the accuracy, performance or completeness of the information offered on the website.
Cognac Couprie allows access to the website free of charge and declines all responsibility for any interruption in the event of computer viruses, display or download errors, or any inaccuracies relating to its published content, or any damage resulting from a fraudulent intrusion by a third party, or any direct or indirect damage whatsoever, whatever the causes or consequences that may occur from any access to the website.
5.APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
Any dispute concerning the content or use of the website falls under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Angoulême competent courts, including in the event of a claim by a third party, multiple defendants, summary proceedings or on request.
6.COOKIES AND WEBSITE NAVIGATION
The Cognac Couprie’s Internet server automatically collects standard information such as the user’s IP address, browser type, operating system and access times.
By providing Cognac Couprie with personal information and data, the user consents to their being used and communicated under the conditions set out below:
Via the website, Cognac Couprie may collect personal data communicated by the user, in particular with regard to requests for information (for example: first name, surname, email address, age, town/city, county/state, country of residence and telephone number).
Any personal information sent by the user to Cognac Couprie regarding the use of services is subject to the provisions of French law no. 78-17 Informatique et Libertés of 6 January 1978.
2.RIGHT OF ACCESS, OF RECTIFICATION, OF ERASURE AND TO OBJECT
The user has, at any time, the right of access, rectification and removal of his/her/their personal information and to object to the processing of such data. The user may also object to his/her/their personal information being used for commercial or marketing purposes by email notification to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
The purposes of data collection:
Via the website, Cognac Couprie collects information about the user solely for the following purposes:
- Managing customer and potential customer relations;
- Customer segmentation and personalising our services and communications;
- Transmitting information relating to Cognac Couprie and its business;
- Statistics, studies and analyses, marketing, improving the website, products and services of Cognac Couprie.
We invite you to consult the above section ‘Right of access, of rectification, of erasure and to object’
The data is retained solely for the duration necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and is destroyed at the end of this period.
Cognac Couprie is the recipient of the data.
Cognac Couprie transmits personal data to a third party only when the sharing of such information is strictly necessary for the provision of products or services and/or when Cognac Couprie is required by a judicial or administrative authority to communicate such information.
Data security and confidentiality:
Cognac Couprie endeavours to ensure every precaution is taken to preserve the confidentiality and security of the personal data collected and processed and to prevent such data from being altered, damaged or destroyed, and from any third party gaining access to such data.
However, Cognac Couprie cannot be held liable for risks or consequences associated with the use of the Internet. The use of the website is entirely at the risk of the user.
Cognac Couprie reserves the right to modify this policy at any time. Cognac Couprie will endeavour to inform the user of any changes, either by a notice on the website or by a personalised message in a newsletter if the user has opted to receive newsletters.
5.PROTECTION OF PEOPLE UNDER THE LEGAL AGE FOR ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION
Access to the website being governed by the terms and conditions of use, Cognac Couprie will not collect personal information or data relating to people who have not reached the legal age for consuming and/or purchasing alcohol according to the legislation in force in their country of residence.